donderdag, juni 14, 2007

White on vellum

Because I love the look of "white on vellum"... Here are some ways you can get it:
Omdat ik van "wit op vellum" hou... Een paar manieren die je kan gebruiken:
A: Heat embossing

Stamp with Versamark ink or Pigment ink.
Stempel met Versamark of pigment inkt.
Different results.
Verschillend resultaat.


B. White Ink
Stamped with white ink, no embossing.
Gestempeld met witte inkt, geen embossing.


C: Dry embossing:

-Stamp the image
-Use a soft surface, a mousepad or craft foam, put the image and vellum on top, trace the image with an embossing stylus
-Remove the stamped image
-Trace again to have a more crisp look.
-Stempel een figuur
-Gebruik een zachte ondergrond, een muismatje of zacht schuimrubber en leg het vellum op de afbeelding, teken na met een embossingpen
-Neem het papier weg
-Ga nogmaals over de lijnen, voor een beter resultaat

16 opmerkingen:

  1. Thank you for a brill tutorial. Your vellum work is always breathtaking.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Can I use the link in my yahoo ~~ can I ? please.....This is such a super great tutorial!

    My question : How come my White Brilliance doesn't funtion that well ?

    This is like a "wikipedia" of white embossing !! Excellent

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Awww you are such a star... thank you for sharing your tutorial with us... I have no excuse now have I. I adore all your card designs you use this technique on. I will let you know when I've done some :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Excellent Tutorial thankyou Godelieve!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Great tutorial, Godelieve, thanks!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Thanks for the great tips !!!
    Will try soon as well!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thank you so much for sharing all of this information. I've long admired your beautiful vellum work but haven't considered doing it myself for ages. You've inspired me!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Waaauw, leuk, Godelieve, heel erg bedankt voor deze super-tutorial. Zelf hou ik ook erg van embossing op vellum, dus deze tutorial gaat zeker bij mijn favorieten.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Weeral iets dat we weten Godelieve! Bedankt ervoor! Nu nog de tijd vinden om het uit te proberen!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. thanks for showing us side by side the different looks that a person can get by changing inks and embossing. The white on vellum certainly has become a signature look for you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Thank you SO much for sharing this. I love the look of this as well and it's great to learn there are different ways to achieve this look. Can't wait to play around this weekend. Thanks again!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Yay! Thanks so much for the tutorial. I'm going to have to try these out!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. You are so sweet to put this information up for everyone. Love what you do with vellum. Thanks!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. oh, what great examples! Thanks for showing them all together like that!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Okay, I know I have to stop stalking you, ;O) but you are the Queen of Vellum. This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing all the details, :O)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thanks for visiting and leaving a note ;)
Comment moderation is enabled temporarily to discourage an annoying spammer.

Bedankt dat je hier was, en voor je reactie ;)
Reacties modereren is tijdelijk ingeschakeld om een vervelende spammer te ontmoedigen.