zondag, augustus 20, 2006

Ecoline/Salt paper -- Ecoline zoutpapier

On this paper I used "Talens Ecoline" and "La Linea Shadow Paint". I think it's the same ink in a different bottle.
Voor dit papier gebruikte ik "Talens Ecoline" and "La Linea Shadow Paint", volgens mij dezelfde inkt in een ander flesje.

Use a wide brush to apply water first, it makes it easier to move the ink around on the paper. I prefer smooth stamping paper, especially if I'm going to over stamp the Ecoline.

Maak het papier goed nat met een brede borstel, dan is het makkelijker om de inkt te verdelen over het vel papier. Ik gebruik 't liefst gewoon glad stempelpapier.

Work really quick, use the wide brush again to spread the ink. Don't mind the lines :)

Werk heel vlug, gebruik de brede borstel opnieuw om de inkt te verdelen. Trek je niets aan van de strepen :)

Sprinkle salt onto the wet ink.

Strooi zout over de natte inkt.

Leave it to dry completely, it's fun to see the paper changing. Remove the salt.

Laat volledig drogen. Leuk om te zien hoe de ringen zich vormen. Verwijder het zout.
Here's a project where I used this paper: Memo Box

Ik gebruikte het papier op deze Memo box

12 opmerkingen:

  1. I really love the large salt spots, mine never seem to get that large. Do you use a heat gun to dry the paper or do you let it dry on it's own. I have a hard time waiting. Love the memo box, so full of cheer.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Barbara, I have a hard time waiting too. I put my sheets on a warm spot, but I don't use a heatgun. Do you use these big grains too (of salt I mean, I don't know how it's called in English)?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I love this technique! I have done it using watercolor pencils on watercolor paper before. Not conducive to stamping on afterwards, LOL ;) but gorgeous and interesting results none the less! I love that tie-dye, batik-like look. :) And like you said... the more coarse the salt ("big grains" as you say), the better the results. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Funny I was just rereading your comments and noticed I didn't answer you about the salt. I just Kosher Salt which is the big salt you use in Ice Cream makers. So I think I am OK on that but I use the heat gun so that may be my problem. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I am having luck with this technique by adding water on top of the salt via spray bottle. Once the saltis applied per Godelieve's instruction, mist the area.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. nog zo een tof idee !!!!
    nu nog ecoline vinden !!!
    maar ik denk dat Elke verschooten dat ook heeft gebruikt. dus.......

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. What a great tutorial ! I can't wait to try this ! I have put a link to this tutorial on my blog.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Wat een schitterendekaart bedankt voor de uitleg. Dit ga ik zeker ook proberen. Groetjes Marja

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Hi Godelieve, I am watching the salt change the paper as I'm writing this! How fun! When it's dry, I'm going to use this paper for something today!! Thanks for your wonderful workshops!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Thanks again for a your detailed tutorial.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Hallo, ik kwam gister toevallig op je blog, heb nml een paar flesjes ecoline gekocht. Nu heb ik dat geprobeert met grof zeezout, gewoon uit de keuken, maar ik kreeg niet het effect wat jij krijgt, allen wat kleine vlekjes. Nu lees ik ook op internet over effectzout. Is dat wat je hier gebruikt?
    groetjes Anita

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. @ Anita: Grof zeezout en effectzout geven hetzelfde resultaat. Je mag me emailen als je meer wil weten. In de rechter kantlijn vind je mijn email adres.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thanks for visiting and leaving a note ;)
Comment moderation is enabled temporarily to discourage an annoying spammer.

Bedankt dat je hier was, en voor je reactie ;)
Reacties modereren is tijdelijk ingeschakeld om een vervelende spammer te ontmoedigen.